Wednesday, June 18, 2014

E's Western Tour the Trilogy: Seattle

Early Friday morning E and I flew from Las Vegas to Seattle. Seattle was actually where this tour all began. Last year when we still lived in Seattle my co-worker Caitlin got engaged to a prior patient of mine Jimmy. We had all become such great friends that I couldn't miss the opportunity to see them get married. While making plans Matthew and I decided to see what the cost would be if I also went to SLC and Las Vegas since any ticket to/from Rochester is expensive. We were pleasantly surprised at the price and so the Trilogy was booked!


Our good friend Sally, who let us stay with her last summer before we left for Rochester, again opened her house to me and E. I decided to get a rental car while in Seattle since there were so many friends I wanted to see, not to mention the wedding was 2 hours from Bellevue.

Sally and E

When we arrived in Seattle, E and I took a shuttle to the rental car facility at the airport and loaded up our stuff. I was happy to see they weren't giving me a Dodge Charger, but had to laugh a little inside when I found out it was a Kia Soul because Matthew and I are always talking about how we think the cubed/squarish cars look silly. It did get me around town and with good fuel efficiency so I can't complain too much!


After picking up the car we drove straight to Sally's house. On the drive up I got such a happy feeling being there. I felt like I belonged there. After dropping off our stuff and saying a quick hello to Sally, we headed to my old job to say hi to friends (Sally was spending the afternoon with her daughter and granddaughter). It was so much fun surprising everyone and I am so glad I stopped by because a few people weren't going to make it to the wedding because of Father's Day. We hung out for an hour or two and then grabbed a bite to eat.

Nam was freaking out and Ruth was looking for giggles

E and Georgie

L: Christie and E. R: Jaime is a dream weaver

E and Darshita

Some of my favorite nursing staff

Gina and E

We decided it would be fun to surprise Steph, J and H with a visit, but the real surprise was on us because Steph had to pick up a couple of boys that she drives around last minute and had to leave as we were getting there. My plan was to just head back to Sally's house and come by later, but Steph said it would be fine to hang around until she got back.

E and H playing together

J and H

Steph and E

While she was gone I fed E and Jack got home from work. It wasn't too much later that Steph got home and they invited me to stay for dinner.

Saturday E and I had a bit of a lazy day. I had laundry to do and we had been going none stop on our tour and just needed a little down time.

I wrapped her up so she could take a nap and I came back 2 minutes later and she had wiggled her way out.

E was helping with the laundry and it wore her out!

That night Steph and Jack graciously offered their home for a get together with some friends. We had pizza and enjoyed catching up with Kelli, Megan and Saegen.

Seagen, Megan and E

L: Megan and E. R: Kelli and E

Sunday we went to church at our "old" ward, which had the boundaries changed right before we left, so not all of our old friends attend there anymore, but the majority of them do. E and I weren't able to stay for the entire block because we had to drive to the wedding, but it was great to see and talk with so many of our friends. The people in this area really touched and blessed my life. They rallied around me during difficult times and have been true friends through and through.

I was only able to get a couple of pics. There were so many others, but you know how it is a church.

After a quick diaper (and outfit) change E and I headed toward Tacoma to meet up with my old co-worker and friend Kim so we could carpool the rest of the way to the wedding. Kim and I talked about work, her knew home, her husband's new job, Mathew's school, E and how I like being a mom and so many more things. I had been excited to finally meet her husband Adam, but last minute he had to work and was unable to come to the wedding. I told her that everyone at our old job was teasing about the fact that none of us have ever met her "husband" Adam and that we were beginning to think he wasn't real. She was a good sport about it.


It was a pretty gloomy day out with scattered showers, which is rough when it comes to wanting to have your wedding outside, but on the flip side, they say it is good luck for it to rain on your wedding day! And of course the wedding was beautiful anyway. They used the reception hall for the ceremony and it had a great rustic charm, which I expected from Caitlin and Jimmy (unfortunately I didn't get any pictures during the ceremony because E was hungry and I was nursing her).



After the ceremony they had everyone go outside for some appetizers while they set up quickly for the reception. Luckily there was a break in the storm and the food was amazing (they had chicken wings that fell right off the bone). When the tables were all set up they invited us in to mingle and chat while we waited for the new Mr. and Mrs. to be announced. We thought we had a little more time so we stepped back outside to get a few pictures and Caitlin and Jimmy had to herd us back in, but not before we got a quick pic with them!


The rest of the evening was filled with yummy food, laughter, dancing, toasts, cake cutting and throwing as well as bouquet tossing (E even joined in). E was hungry by the time we got back to Kim's place so we gabbed some more while I fed her. As I was leaving, I saw a car pulling around the corner and realized that it was the elusive Adam. I pulled over and texted Kim letting her know I had spotted her "husband."

Nam smelling his Coke


E loves cuddling with Jaime...

and Caitlin

And Ashley was comfortable enough to fall asleep on!

Nam tried to feed her, but I told him it doesn't work that way

They look so sweet

And then Jimmy reminded us of who he really is

and I didn't expect Caitlin to back down

but of course it was all out of love!

Jaime, Jacques, Christie and E

First Dance

E wasn't gonna miss out of the bouquet toss

Monday morning E and I headed over to Matthew and my favorite bakery in Bellevue...Fiji and GA Bakery. There are two reasons why it is our favorite: 1-it was right across the street from our apartment and 2-they have great pastries!



We spent the late morning and early afternoon hanging out with Sally until her students started coming. I also started to pack for our trip back home. That evening I met with a few more friends at the park for dinner.

L: E and Heather R: Andrea and E

E, Me, Jen and A

Rachel and E

Me, E, Jack, Steph, J and H

L: Andrea, Me and E R: E and Katie (who happens to also be a distant relative on Matthew's side)

Lynn, Me, E, Bonnie, Denise and Garth

Two plane rides and of course one massive blowout later, E and I arrived home. It was so great to see all our friends and family on this trilogy tour and we can't wait to see everyone again.


No comments:

Post a Comment