Thursday, June 5, 2014

Chop and Chomp

Today marks the first day of the last year of my 20s. These years have brought much adventure to my life: college, first kiss, dating adventures, heartbreak, marriage, graduate school, traveling, moving (twice), bed bugs, a half-marathon, hiking(in some cases extreme ice-axe holding, micro-spike wearing), kayaking, hot air ballooning, sky-diving, trapeze-ing, ice-water swimming, having a beautiful baby and so much more! I'm excited what this last year will bring and I plan on making it great!

To start the year off I decided I needed to make a change, so I chopped my hair off!


Baby photobomb!
Today was actually the only day this week I had time to cut it and the hair salon that I made an appointment with had no qualms about E coming with me. I had a great experience at the salon. It is called Metro Salon and is in downtown Rochester. The owner was there and she was so sweet to both E and me. Carly was my stylist and she listened to what I was thinking and came through. She was patient with my lack of hair styling ability and gave me great tips (she even walked me through how to hold the curling iron). It was a fantastic experience and I plan on going back.


Matthew got me a cute necklace and bracelet for my birthday and we decided it was high time for some great sushi. We went to California Rollin' at the suggestion of our friends, Francisco and Kassi. It was phenomenal! They had many of the traditional rolls that we like, but they also had some very unique, non-conventional rolls as well, so it was a lot of fun!

The big roll on the right is called the Leviathan Roll (basically 3 rolls in 1) and the one on the left is the Bam Roll (has tomatoes in it)

 The Tempura roll on the right is called their Tuscany Roll (has thinly shaved squid and pesto). It was surprisingly good! I can't remember the other roll's name, but I believe we tried it because it had bacon in it (again another pleasant surprise).


I typically am not a fan of the desserts at Sushi Resturants, but this dessert was right up my alley: deep fried Oreos, deep fried cheesecake bites and spring rolls filled with walnuts, coconut, chocolate and vanilla wafers!

All in all it was a marvelous day! Now I need to finish packing for the trip back west. E and I leave for tomorrow at 5 am and I haven't really started packing yet!

1 comment:

  1. I hate sushi! First and last time I tried it I literally gagged. Dessert sounds good though!

    ReplyDelete