Sunday, June 1, 2014

Pasta and Pool Party

It feels like forever since we last hung out with our good friends Kassi and Francisco, so as an early birthday celebration and fun food adventure we went over to their place to make homemade pasta! Francisco and Kassi have a cool part that connects to their kitchen aid that helps to thin and cut the pasta dough into noodles. Fran was a great instructor! While we were making the noodles, Kassi was busy making the homemade Alfredo sauce and yummy chicken. It was an awesome meal!

First we worked the dough:


 Then we put it through the pasta attachment several times at different settings. It got longer

 and longer

 until presto

 ready for cutting into noodles!






I told them not to, but they got me a birthday present...Pillsbury sugar cookie dough! There is a funny story behind it. Soon after we first met, and while I was still pregnant, we all went to a baptism together and Kassi made cookies for after. I bit into one of those sugar cookies and it was delectable! I went back for seconds (and possibly thirds)! Later I asked her for the recipe and she laughed and said, "Pillsbury." My jaw dropped, I can't believe I was fooled by the dough boy! So they have teased me about it ever since.

The yummy Alfredo sauce that Kassi made!

 And the chicken

 The final product!


After dinner we changed into our swimsuits and headed down to the pool for a dip. Matthew and I were excited to have another first with E! But the water was only 70 degrees and the pool was completely shaded. We made a video just dipping her toes in and soon realized that the pool was too cool for E. It was also too cool for Kassi and me too, but the boys jumped in.











After a short time we headed back upstairs for dessert. We always have a great time with Fran and Kassi, hopefully we can make time for each other when E and I get back from our western tour!


No comments:

Post a Comment