Thursday, June 12, 2014

E's Western Tour the Trilogy: Las Vegas

Bright and early Tuesday morning my sister, Elisa, picked me and E up to head down to Las Vegas. The original plan was that she and I would drive down with all four kids, but she had something come up the week before and was able to leave N and M with our parents. So it was me, Elisa, E and S!


On the way down we made a couple of stops. The first was in Cedar City because Elisa had her 6 week post-birth follow-up. While she went to her appointment E and I had a nice visit with my Uncle Scott and cousin Melissa. I briefly saw my cousins Alex and Ashton, but only as they were heading out. Melissa held and talked with E for a little bit and we talked about how excited she was for the soon arrival of a little sister and her soon departure to a mission in London, England. Uncle Scott tried sharing his Otter Pop with E and at first she seemed interested, but then she realized it was cold and not milk!



Right as we were about to get back out on the road, our cousin Simon walked up the driveway with some of his wife's family. I was so excited to see him as it had been a few years and I thought I wasn't going to get the chance. We went back inside and chatted for a few minutes and he graciously shared a donut with us!


We stopped again in St. George to introduce E to her Uncle Trevor. He had a work trip in St. George that took him away from SLC last minute. He had been working nights, so we woke him up in the middle of his night.


When we first arrived in Vegas we headed over to Gary and Haley's house to pick up N and M. They were very happy to see Elisa and although they were interested in cousin E, they were cautious of getting too close to Aunt Kara. We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening hanging out at Mama and Papa K's house. 


N really loved E

Wednesday was Kaleb's big day...graduation! I can't believe my youngest brother is no longer in high school; my parents are empty nesters now. Matthew and I were recently talking about how Kaleb had just turned twelve a week after week got married and Matthew remembers driving him to the church for his Deacon ordination interview. Time flies.

S and E hanging out before getting ready for Uncle Kaleb's Graduation

A car full of babies!



Even though there were hundreds of kids, we were able to spot Kaleb as he entered the arena and although he was surrounded by friends he was willing to look, smile, wave and twerk at us. E decided she was hungry just before Kaleb walked across the stage so I wasn't able to get a picture, but it was far away anyway so it wouldn't have been that great of a photo (I really want another lens that has a bigger zoom).

Who can spot the Kaleb?

After the ceremony we navigated the crowds, found Kaleb and took a few group shots. We then headed out for a celebratory meal at one of our favorite spots, Macayo's . As usual the food was great and as is becoming more usual, E had a blow out. I seriously can't take that girl anywhere! 




At home we enjoyed a movie or two. We also tried to get a few shots of all the grandkids and here are a few of the results:





Thursday was another chill day. We slept in a bit and Elisa actually got a picture of N, S and E where none of them were crying! Then we had a girls lunch with Elisa, Katie, Haley, Bella and me. The babies came too, but they actually slept for us!



After lunch, Elisa and I headed over to Grandma Kofford's house to introduce her to some of her newest great-grandchildren, E and S. Grandma was so happy to hold them. She kept swapping back and forth between the two. Elisa also helped N bounce E on Grandma's big ball. It was a nice visit.




The rest of the night consisted of E hanging out with her aunts and uncles, being called Elephante (and endearing nickname that Uncle Jonathan and Jordan gave her), having her cheeks mocked and being compared to a Cabbage Patch doll. She had a good time and they wore her out! I spent the night packing up our bags and preparing for our early flight to Seattle. I was again pleasantly surprised when I was able to visit shortly with my cousin Kevin before heading to bed. (He flew in from California to go through the Temple with his sister Melissa. I didn't think he was arriving until Friday.)



Elisa thought that E looked like a Cabbage Patch. I was a little skeptical, but then she pulled up a picture and they were making the same face!





Me, Kevin and a sleeping E



No comments:

Post a Comment