Saturday, January 18, 2014

Rochester Baby Shower

Many who know me already know that I was not happy about moving to Rochester. One of its redeeming factors though is the nice people. One reason I was anxious to move away from a city I had grown to love was because I was pregnant and I already had a wonderful support system. I knew that if we stayed in Seattle I would have tons of support and my family not too far away. Moving to Rochester meant a decreased likelihood of family being able to readily come and help, as well as a need to build a new support system. With the months ticking away towards the arrival of our little one, I was worried that I wouldn't feel comfortable reaching out to the people around me for help. I was worried I would feel alone. But soon after we moved to Rochester, Matthew and I had invitations to dinner and game nights from several couples/families at church. One such couple were Curtis and Gentri. Matthew and I had a great time playing games and eating the yummy snacks that Gentri prepared for us. Curtis and Gentri were easy to hang out with and we got along great. At the end of the night Gentri asked if anyone had offered to throw me a baby shower yet. I said no and then she offered to. I was grateful and excited. Unfortunately, since then we haven't had tons of time to spend together, but Gentri still put together a beautiful shower. Many of the ladies from the ward showed up and I felt very blessed. Before this shower, I was a bit anxious for all the things I still needed to get for Baby Bowen, but I got many of those items from these generous women.

A new take on the diaper cake...the diaper owl
(Baby bib, blanket, washcloth and hair bows included as well)

Vanessa, Carolyn and Kassy

Wende and Jessica


Kassy, Me, Hayley and Elise


Elise, Jana, Tracy, Sabrina, Suzy and Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment