Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014!

For New Years Eve this year we went to a few different gatherings (I meant to get more pictures, but I forgot about taking them until the end of the night). We started out the evening going to Mark Kelly's house. There were a few other couples and of course the missionaries. There was good food including spinach dip, cheese and crackers, a yummy punch that had sherbet, juice and soda, and of course we brought what seems like the never-ending pan of homemade Twix bars (We made this dessert for our Christmas Day dinner and took them to Mark's baptism and half the pan was still left. I discovered later that they might have gone over better if I'd have used milk chocolate rather that semi-sweet).

Next we headed over to the home of a man that Matthew has become friends with. We were the only young couple that showed up, but Matthew and I enjoyed partying with some older peeps. It brought back good memories from the Friendship Branch. The food/desserts were amazing. The host is an Italian man and he made pizza, cannoli, cream puffs and an assortment of cookies. Matthew and I had a very hard time saying no to all the food and we still had one more party to go to! When we left I could tell that their party was just getting started!

We ended the night meeting back up with Francisco and Kassi at Francisco's mother's house. I was excited to try more Puerto Rican cuisine (we had Christmas Eve dinner with them) and spend time with a family that in many ways reminds me of my own (loud and a little bit crazy)! It was a fun night. Here's hoping for a great new year!

An example of Francisco's fun, crazy family


No comments:

Post a Comment