Saturday, January 18, 2014

Baby Shower in a Box

I was really grateful for all of the gifts and support that I had received from my family and Rochester and Seattle friends. After taking inventory I was feeling mostly prepared for baby to arrive, but unbeknownst to me a couple of packages had arrived from another group of supporters. Although we have not lived in Salt Lake for several years, Matthew and I still have a great number of friends in the area. A couple of my friends created a Facebook event that allowed many of my friends in the Salt Lake area to send their gifts all together. Matthew was invited, but I was left in the dark.

A few days before this surprise arrived I caught a glimpse of some shenanigans on Matthew's Facebook account. Matthew was sitting next to me and his account was open. I happened to glance over and see that he had a message from my friend Cindy that also included a few other friends. I thought it was slightly strange that Matthew and Cindy were exchanging messages, so I asked Matthew what it was about. He said that it was none of my business. At this point I knew something was up, but I didn't imagine a baby shower in a box!

After coming home from the baby shower my Rochester friends threw me, I showed Matthew all the great gifts that we got, then he left the nursery and grabbed the camera. He as a habit of taking really bad candid shots of me and I thought he was up to his old tricks, then I realized he was video taping me.



Detailed instructions on how to throw a proper baby shower

He told me to go up to the attic because there was a surprise waiting for me. There I found the boxes! What elevated this amazing gesture was that on top of the gifts that so many of our friends sent, there were all the supplies we needed to throw a baby shower: decorations, snacks and even games. We are truly blessed with the best friends in the world!

We spread the streamers across the back of the couch

We didn't realize that snacks were included in the package so we gathered our own, then we found the cookies!

 
We played a nursery rhyme game that was included and surprisingly we tied!




No comments:

Post a Comment