Sunday, July 11, 2010

Further Explorations

So this weekend I had the opportunity to explore Pittsburgh a little more. I took a ride on the Duquesne Incline and walked around in the Carnegie Science Center. Although it was a cloudy, hazy day in Pittsburgh, it was still a beautiful scene and I was lucky enough to get back into my car before the storm started!

The Science Museum was an amazing place. It was a four story building with at least 4 different theaters and huge exhibits featuring physics, biology, robotics etc. I even had the opportunity to go to a show called "Fruit Flambe." The show was in a kitchen studio and they used science to explain cooking. It was a cute little show and the best part was that we all got to taste the decadent desert served on top of cool, creamy, vanilla ice cream.

On Saturday I had the opportunity to drive to DC to go to the temple for a session. Making this trip gave me an increased appreciation to have a temple so close. It was a beautiful day and a wonderful opportunity to get away from the world and feel the comfort of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment