Monday, June 28, 2010

A Whirlwind of a Wedding

So the weekend finally came for my sister's wedding and to see my Matthew after not seeing him for seven weeks. I was very excited! I headed for the airport straight from my internship and luckily I made it, I was kind of worried that I wouldn't when I met the traffic through Pittsburgh. Have I said that the traffic here is the only thing I don't like about Pittsburgh?

I was greeted at the airport in Las Vegas by my brother Gary, my sister Elisa, my cousin Simon and my Matthew. Gary dropped Simon off at Grandma Kofford's house and met up with the rest of us at my parent's house. We hung around for a little while talking and then Matthew, Gary and I headed to Gary and Haley's house to get some shut eye.

The next morning we got up and went to the temple to be there with Elisa and Jordan as they received their temple endowments. It was a wonderful experience to have so much of the family together in the temple. Now the only one in my immediate family that has to go through is Kaleb. It is a wonderful feeling to be in such a peaceful, heavenly place with the ones you love.

After the temple we went to Macayo's for lunch in celebration of Elisa and Alex's wedding the next day. We were introduced to Alex's family and all in all it was a joyous occasion. After lunch Matthew and I went back to Gary and Haley's house to get our stuff so we could bring it to the hotel room. Unfortunately Matthew got a headache, but with some rest and liquids he was ready to get out there and go party it up with Alex and my brothers for Alex's bachelor party. Shaley (one of Elisa's best friends and bridesmaids) and I were planning to start Elisa's bachelorette party at Chilis for dinner but we were sad to find that it had been closed. Elisa really wanted a hamburger so we settled for Denny's, which was really yummy too. After Denny's we went over to Gary and Haley's place to play some games. We ended up playing Apples to Apples, which is always fun with a big group.


The next day was the BIG day...the day my little sister got married. She looked so happy and so beautiful. I couldn't help but be so excited for her and Alex and the great adventure they were starting together. I am so proud of the decisions she has made in her life. All in all it was a wonderful, very happy time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment