Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 6: Chicago/Milwaukee

We finally remembered to take some pictures of our campsite and I have to say, I am very glad we bought the air mattress. I am all for saving money by staying at KOA's during this trip, but if I had to sleep on the ground for two weeks I would be very happy.


We made it to Chicago by lunchtime and were told that the place to eat is Pizzeria Uno. We decided that it was a must to order a deep dish pizza from the place that it originated. We were pretty hungry so we ordered an appetizer to munch on while we waited and couldn't pass up on a delicious dessert following. I have to say that the pizza was good, but I liked the slice I had in New York better, maybe I'm not a deep dish kind of girl. I think that the cost of parking also made the meal seem less worth it, but it is fun to say that I dropped by Chicago.

After lunch in Chicago we continued north towards Milwaukee to visit and say with my Uncle Jeff for the night. After settling in and visiting for a little while, Jeff insisted that he and his friend and her son Jordan take us out to dinner. Matthew and I were still somewhat full from our lunch, but agreed to come along so we could keep visiting. When they decided to go to Chili's Matthew and I ended up sharing my favorite appetizer from there, Southwestern Egg rolls. Jordan was a cute kid, he really liked Matthew and the two of them stayed up playing video games for a few hours while we did laundry and I made a batch of Betty Crocker's Carmelita Bars that I got from Costco before leaving Pittsburgh. It was a great visit and was really nice to see Uncle Jeff again.

No comments:

Post a Comment