Saturday, August 21, 2010

Peanut Butter Bars

As you might have already noticed, since being home from PA, Matthew and I have been out spending time with friends and family even more often than usual. What can I say, we are so blessed to have so many people around us that we care about and that care for us too. It has been so much fun to spend so much time with everyone. This is one reason I am not looking forward to starting back up at school on Monday...school impedes on the rest of my life! I know it is so important and is the thing I should be doing at this time in my life, but it is hard...I guess that is a sign that it will be worth it in the end though.

So, today we spent more time with family. I picked up Matthew from work and we headed towards Millcreek Canyon for a family weenie roast! The trouble was, neither Matthew nor I had ever been up Millcreek Canyon and I thought I understood the directions, but I was mistaken. After about 5 to 10 minutes of driving around, I stopped and asked for some directions. I was happy that I was going in the relatively right direction, it was just that Mandy (the GPS) put us on the wrong side of the freeway, but soon we were up the canyon with the fam (The Taylors, Pete, Steph, Steve and Cynda) playing games and enjoying the company.

Soon after everyone arrived we all felt the grumble of our tummies and decided that roasting some dogs would be a good fix. Maddy (our niece) and the nephews loved the "Pink Drink" that we brought, James kept promising to only eat one more marshmallow and everyone couldn't help but eat several of the peanut butter bars that Pete and Steph brought to share. After dinner we continued to enjoy dessert while playing "Pig Mania" aka "Pass the Pig". Even Maddy and James played and for awhile James was whooping us. At the end of the night we all had full tummies and a good memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment