Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Little Family Time

Friday morning I had the opportunity to spend the morning with the Taylors at Hoogle Zoo. As always it was fun to see the kids enjoying themselves. I had never been to any of the shows at the zoo before, but this time we went to the bird show and habitat show. They were both very good. The bird show was quite amazing. I still don’t know how they manage to keep the birds coming back, because they could easily fly the coupe! Many times the birds fly right over our heads and I am positive that many of the audience members, including James (nephew) had their hair ruffled. The habitat show taught about all the different types of habitats that animals live in and at the end of the show everyone got to go up and pet the armadillo and possum. Other things we saw besides the shows included: the baby elephant, turtles, the big porcupines, fruit bats (not behind a cage), rhinos and vultures. After seeing all the animals we spent a little while in the play area and then headed home.

Later that night we went out for a late night snack at The Village Inn with Matthew’s parents and then up Immigration Canyon to watch the meteor shower. Right before we went out I started to not feel so well, but I chalked it up to my allergies. It wasn’t until Saturday morning that I realized that I had a fever. I spent the rest of the weekend on the couch and in bed. I still saw a couple of good shooting stars (when my eyes weren’t closed) and Matthew enjoyed spending time talking with his parents. We always have a good time with our family. I think that is one thing we are both very grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment