Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 14: Denver/Grand Junction

Friday morning we had a yummy waffle breakfast with Jen and the kids then headed to see my friend AmAsie and her hubby Pete, in Grand Junction, CO.



Matthew and I met AmAsie at the salon she works at and I was her last client for the day. I miss having Ams close by for several reasons: 1) for some reason she thinks I am funny, 2) she makes me laugh (cause I think she's funny), 3) she is a great hair stylist and always makes me feel pretty and 4) she takes me for who I am, good and bad.




After getting my new do, Ams took us over to her new house. The plan was to stay in the guest bedroom, but a week or two before we arrived their house experienced a flood and the water damage had Ams and Pete living in a trailer in their drive way. I could tell that their house was beautiful despite the awful circumstances and it gave us all an opportunity to be close to one another, as Matthew and I bunked in the trailer too!

The gorgeous Ams and the chic Pete!

When Pete got home we went to dinner and then Ams and Pete split a pair of free movie tickets with us and we watched the best movie I have seen in a really long time, "Inception." It was mind blowing! I am so glad we saw it in theaters! I even would have paid full price, and that is saying a lot because these days I don't believe that many movies are worth me shelling out the cash to see it in theaters. Thanks Pete and Ams for your hospitality!! We Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment