Sunday, April 18, 2010

Old Friends

Thursday the 15th was Anthony Woolf’s birthday and that morning Matthew and I received a text message inviting us for some cake and ice cream to celebrate. We went over around 9pm and it was us, Anthony’s roommates and girl, and a short while later Anthony’s family showed up. It was really good to see Anthony again, we hadn’t seen him for a few months. It is really interesting how times change; before Matthew and I got married we saw Anthony most if not everyday. I know Matthew was roommates with Anthony, but still, it is crazy for me to think that we only get to see him every few months now.

Anyway, it was fun to see Anthony’s family interact. They play this fun little birthday game where they put all of the gifts (seemingly random ones) in the same big gift bag. Then the person receiving the gifts pulls one gift out at a time, says the first thing that comes to mind, makes a wish for the person he thinks gave the gift and then tries to guess who is the giver. If he guesses correctly then the wish “will” be granted to the giver. I know it seems a little silly, but it looked fun at the same time.

Saturday my classmates and I helped to take down a tennis bubble. It is a covering for the outside tennis courts that allows people to play all year round. My class helps put them up and take them down as a fundraiser for our graduation party. I couldn’t help all that much because of the blood clot, but I did what I could and was a cheerleader of sorts.

Friday evening I met Matthew at the bike store on Second and Second. I brought the bike my dad gave to Matthew. It was my grandpa’s old bike and after he passed away Matthew got it. We met at the store because we wanted to get the bike tuned up so Matthew can ride it while I am in Pittsburgh this summer. After dropping the bike off I asked Matthew what he wanted for dinner and after a bit of discussion we decided to go to Chilis. It was yummy! This has always been a favorite restaurant of mine and we hadn’t been in awhile. Well, we discovered that they not only had new menus, but new food on the menus. In fact, they have changed much of their menu, but luckily they still have my favorite appetizer…Southwestern Eggrolls…mmm mmm mmm! And even better they have a ten-dollar deal where you can choose from select appetizers and entrees, so I got to have my old favorite and try a new item. While eating I got a call from my good friend Kirsten Fischer who I had not seen in ages. She called to see what I was doing and I knew we had to get together. I told her I was eating, but that we could get together a little later. I wanted to go dancing, but I knew Matthew was tired and Kirsten didn’t have a dancing buddy so we settled on renting a movie. I soon discovered that Kirsten hadn’t seen “The Time Traveler’s Wife” and I had wanted to see it, so she and I went to the Redbox machine to pick it up while Matthew took a little nap. It was a good movie. I will have to read to book sometime soon. It was also good to see Kirsten again; we have been friends for about 5 years now. I can’t believe how fast the time has flown. She is graduating in a few weeks and is hoping for a job back down in St. George. I hope things work out for her.

This weekend we also got to see Matthew’s other old roommate and mission buddy Justin Jay Kofford…and although we share a last name, Justin and I have yet to discover how our families link up. Matthew and I went over to Justin and Natalie’s new house for a party. The Koffords are also expecting a little bundle of joy in the next month or so. All very exciting. Unfortunately earlier that day my allergies decided to visit, which always seems to happen when we are planning to visit Justin…hmmm.

I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow to check up on everything and to see when I can get permission to exercise again. I am not too worried about it, I have much bigger fish to fry this week…finals. I am not as nervous about them as I have been in the past, I mostly just want to get them over with. It has been a long crazy semester and by Friday I will be a third year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment