Sunday, April 25, 2010

Decisions Made and Goals Attained

Monday morning before my doctor’s appointment my mom called to verify which flight she should book for me out to my sister’s wedding in June. A few weeks ago I mentioned that I had this dilemma of whether or not I should ask my CI for more time off when I haven’t even started yet. Throughout the last two weeks I have been informed that there is also a possibility of my brother Jordan receiving his endowment the same day as my sister depending on when he is called to leave for his mission, and with that possibility, I had a feeling that I should just ask for the time off. So my flight is booked for the evening of June 24th!

My doctor’s appointment went well, my doctor is referring my care to a coumadin clinic so that they can follow me long distance. This is great news because now I won’t have to find a doctor out in Pittsburgh. I will still have to find a lab that is willing to draw my blood and fax the results to SLC, but I don’t think that will be a major problem.

I finished what I considered to be my hardest final on Wednesday morning and to celebrate Matthew and I planned on making a homemade pizza! When we went shopping we bought pepperoni, sausage, tomatoes, three colors of peppers (yellow, green and red), a pizza crust, mozzarella cheese and a couple jalapeños. It was wonderful! The only thing we regretted was not taking at least some of the jalapeño seeds out…I tell you it was spicy!

The rest of my finals went very well. I had a mini panic attack on Thursday morning when I found out that Julie Fritz (one of my professors and one of the worlds greatest Back authorities) was going to be my tester, but I survived it and I can now say that I received an A from her!

Thursday night the Relief Society had a Visiting Teaching (VT) Workshop. I interviewed some of the visiting teachers about how things were going and then we had a little meeting with Sister Sams speaking about the importance of VT and a few sisters stood to share some experiences they have had with VT. The testimonies were wonderful. I love to learn from the Sisters’ experiences. After the meeting I had the opportunity to sit and gab with a few of the sisters while eating donuts.

All week Matthew had been looking for a couple of speakers for Sunday, but only got one yes, so Saturday morning he asked if I would talk seeing as he had only talked a week or two ago. I am very grateful for that opportunity to speak. I have had a lot of experiences that have built my testimony of the gospel lately and this was a wonderful opportunity for me to put all those experiences together and realize even more how blessed I am and how much the Lord loves us.

Saturday morning I got a call from Alli wondering if we could babysit Tristann again. I agreed and told Matthew where to meet me. Luckily this time I was able to get Tristann to sleep before Matthew showed up, she actually asked to go to bed and didn’t cry at all. I think last time she was just uncomfortable because Matthew showed up just a few minutes before she went to bed and she still had some stranger anxiety. We decided that this was a perfect opportunity to finish off our Papa John’s Pizza gift card and order a Redbox. I think Matthew is excited that we experimented with more toppings on our homemade pizza because now I am prone to allow more toppings instead of just pepperoni and sausage. We watched “My Sister’s Keeper” and both welled-up a bit.



After church today Matthew and I decided that we would have a little bit lighter of a lunch because we always have a late lunch after church and then we are not hungry until 8 o’clock at night. We decided to make some smoothies!!! We put strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, milk and a can of frozen concentrate in the blender and came up with a wonderful tangy treat! It was just enough to satisfy our palates so that we could have a yummy fried rice dinner right before we headed off to Institute Graduation with his parents. Matthew and I both graduated together. I received a diploma and Matthew received the same plus TWO advanced certificates for all the classes he has taken. Matt’s sister Liz also showed up to the graduation with a gift for us; it was a pineapple and had a tag that said we would be blessed by the Fruits of our labors! She is so clever. Right when I saw that it was a pineapple I was excited for our next Titan peeler match-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment