Monday, September 3, 2012

Battle Royale: M&M's vs Reese's Pieces


Which is better? That's the question. Matthew and I both love peanut butter snacks and these two are on the top of our list. So we decided to do a side by side comparison to determine which candy coated peanut butter snack is the best.


At first glance it seems that M&M's are superior to Reese's Pieces because they have more peanut butter inside them, but at a closer look we see that there is roughly the same amount of peanut butter in each type of candy. The M&M's just look bigger because of their chocolate coating.

Which brings to light another point. Some may argue that the M&M's are superior because they have the addition of the oh so beloved chocolate. But what if you are just craving that peanut butter taste? The Reese's Pieces provide a more pure and raw peanut butter experience.


The M&M's come in a greater variety of colors. But those colors don't add anything to the flavor, so null point.

In the end the judges were spilt. Matthew declared, "I have always and will continue to believe that M&M's are superior. They have more and I always want more."



I on the other hand have a tendency to lean towards the Reese's Pieces. Don't get me wrong, I love the M&M's too. It is possible that on a different day I would like the M&M's better, but today I don't want peanut butter and chocolate, I just want the peanut butter!

What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Oh yes, Reese's Pieces are my fave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to say M&M's because I love peanut butter and chocolate together - such a good combination. But if it came down to actually choosing in the store, I would probably just look at which one is cheaper per ounce because I'm ridiculous like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog, and I'm so glad! My vote is Reese's. They have more crunch, and I always like a good crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That close-up of me is a little intense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. M&M's because the peanut butter has a better flavor. It's too sweet in the Reese's.

    ReplyDelete