Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dad Drops by Seattle

When Dad called and said that a family friend, Brother Edwards had asked him to drive a car up to Seattle I was ecstatic. I love it when I have the opportunity to show my friends and family around a place that I have come to love and this was best of all because it was Dad!

To say I am a daddy's girl may be a slight understatement. I have looked up to my father since I can remember; he is the one I have confided in and who I feel really listens and understands me, even if he doesn't agree. There was even  one time in my life when I thought Dad and I had an extra special bond, just because we were the only two who had glasses in my family. My world came tumbling down when my older brother, Gary said that he was having difficulty seeing. I though he was just trying to be "cool" like me and dad. I would even call him a liar (I know such a brat)! It came to the point where my dad actually had to step in and tell me to quit it and that Gary really did need glasses. Now more people in my family wear glasses than not, but I am still close to Dad!

The only bad news about Dad coming to visit was the timing. About a day or so before Dad called and told me that he was coming I signed up for a continuing education class for the same weekend. It meant that I would only get to see Dad for a few hours while he was here. I was sad, yet grateful for any time I was given.

Saturday Dad arrived in the afternoon and spent time helping Brother Edwards until Matthew got home from the bike shop, then they just hung around and talked until I came home. We went to Pagliacci Pizza for dinner, then Matthew headed to the Crisis Clinic for his volunteer shift while Dad and I stayed up pretty late talking.

On Sunday I headed back towards Tacoma for the last day of my course while Dad, Matthew and Brother Edwards headed to church and then to see some of the sites of Seattle. Because Dad had work Monday morning he didn't get a super late flight, but I was lucky enough to meet him at the airport before he left. It as a super short trip, but I was glad we had some one on one time to talk and enjoy each other. Love ya Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment