Sunday, March 28, 2010

Catching Up with the Cousins


So at the beginning of Spring Break I found out that my cousin Ryan had moved out to Salt Lake. With this information and the fact that my sister and Alex and my other cousin Simon are also close by, I decided to invite everyone over for dinner and some fun. So this past Friday night Ryan, Simon, Simon's friend that is a girl Maggie, Elisa, Alex, Matthew and I all got together. Alex and Elisa came over early because they had planned on being in Salt Lake that afternoon. We spent some time talking and encouraging Elisa to finish her online test. Matthew was a kind host and made us ants on a log as a before dinner/get together snack. Then Alex helped me make the spaghetti. He cooked up the beef while I started boiling the water and steaming the veggies. Before long Simon and Maggie showed up and the kitchen was full of willing, helping hands. Simon put the "Texas Toast" in the toaster oven and just as we were about to bless the food Ryan graced us with his presence. With a good meal and great company we spent our evening catching up and reminiscing about our family. It was nice to see that although we haven't always lived close to one another or talked on a regular basis, there is still a love and closeness there. I am very grateful for my family and the fun we are able to have with one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment