Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"The Best Two Years"

So yesterday Matthew and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary. This semester I don't have school on Mondays and I had a half-day observation near Access RV, which is one of the places Matthew works. This year it was my turn to plan the Anniversary and I was very excited, but last week I got a pretty bad cold and all of my energy was drained, so the exciting plans I had were changed into lunch in the afternoon and a relaxing dinner and Red Box Movie on our love seat.

We went to lunch at one of our favorite sushi restaurants Ejo. We expected that because we were going for lunch that it would be cheaper, but on Mondays they actually have a dinner special, so I think Matthew and I spent more money on sushi than we ever have...so much for keeping it cheap! Later that night when Matthew got home we order some Papa John's Pizza. And because I love my husband so much, I ordered a half pepperoni and sausage for me and half ham, black olive, mushrooms and pineapple for him. He loves those toppings, but most of the time goes with what I want. We would like to thank Matthew's sister Liz and her husband Zac for providing our romantic pizza dinner...it was free to us because of them. Well, I guess it wasn't completely free, we did baby sit for them, but thanks nonetheless.

While munching on the delicious pizza Matthew and I watched "Everybody's Fine" with Robert Dinero and Drew Barrymore. Matthew loved it and I thought it was okay. The important part was that we were able to spend time with one another. Although plans had to change because of my recovery it was a lovely anniversary.

Before I finish I do want to comment a little on the experience Matthew and I had watching our niece and nephews; Cole, Spencer, James and Madeleine. Liz and Zac asked us to watch them so that they could go to the temple and Matthew and I jumped at the chance to spend some more time with them. We showed up on Saturday night just in time for dinner. Liz has come up with a fun way to have leftovers...I think they call it Restaurant Night. Liz makes these cute little menus that the kids can places their orders on and so each of them get to have a choice of what they want for dinner.

Liz and Zac left when most everyone was done eating, so it was a chance for Matthew and I to get everyone cleaned up. Matthew took the boys outside to play some basketball and I stayed inside with Maddy. Liz had warned us that Maddy is in the stage of taking her diaper off so I tried to have a close eye on her, but she is fast. Next thing I knew I found Maddy hiding behind the rocking chair with her diaper undone...it was so funny to see her try and walk and keep the diaper on at the same time. After a short while, Matthew brought the boys in and we got them ready for bed. We then had story/quiet time. I read some books to Maddy and James while Cole, Spencer and Matthew played a matching game that Cole was creating for a book report. After Cole and Spencer played the first game, James wanted to play, so he played against Spencer while I helped Cole come up with a really hard math problem to put on a set of cards to represent a really smart character in the book he read for his book report. While he was lying on the floor drawing a picture on some of his cards Maddy kept walking around him and then jumping on his back. When she did this Cole would make a groaning noise that made Maddy laugh so she continued to do it.

After story time, it was time to get the kids in bed. Before bed they also read scriptures and say family prayer together. We read about ten verses with the boys and let me tell you they are really smart and ask questions I don't think I would have thought to ask at their age let alone now. After giving hugs good night, Matthew and I went upstairs and Matthew promptly feel asleep...he was worn out! I soon drifted as well, but when Liz and Zac came home we laughed about all the funny things their kids did and enjoyed talking for a little bit. It was so much fun. Matthew and I look forward to having a few of our own someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment