Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pageant

One of the things I've looked forward to since coming to Rochester is the opportunity to go to the Hill Cumorah Pageant. Matthew and I were asked if we would be willing to be greeters with our friends the Cruzes, before one of the shows so we decided to make a night of it. Before the show we went to the "Chill n Grill", a yummy burger and shake joint in Palmyra.

The Cruzes and Carolyn

The ice cream was delicious!

We then headed over to the hill, saved some seats and then went to the entrance to greet other visitors. It was fun to have E with us. There is something about having a baby with you that makes it easier for others to be open to talking to you, especially strangers. I don't know how often I am stopped and talked to or smiled at--correction--I don't know how often I am stopped so people can talk to and smile at E! It was no different in this situation.

About 15 minutes before the show started, I brought E back to our seats, changed her into her pajamas and rocked her to sleep. Before I set her in the stroller for the night, Matthew and I were able to grab a couple pictures with some of the cast members. First we bumped into our friend and follow ward member Brenton. His wife Sabrina was also there, but she had already gone back stage to get ready because she was an angel/trumpeter in the opening scene. We also got a picture with the three wise men.


The show was interesting. I enjoyed it, although I did think it was a little cheesy. Matthew and I tried taking a bunch of photos, but it was hard to make much out of them. I am not a master when it comes to taking pictures at night with bright lights. Everything comes out blurry. I did get a few ok shots though!


Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life

Christ visiting the Nephites


No comments:

Post a Comment