Monday, August 6, 2012

The Worst Hike Ever

Mailbox Peak. It sounds harmless, but believe me it's not. 2.5 miles of uphill torture. And not that nice, gradual uphill climb, no, it was never-ending stairs made of tree roots, dirt and rocks. This was just my take on the hike. There were three other people with me who seemed to enjoy it, which I think made it worse for me. You know how when you aren't having a good time and everyone else around you is? Doesn't that just bug you? Yeah, so I was hot, tired, sweaty and stuck struggling up a mountain with three people enjoying themselves; annoyed! This picture represents me and my bad attitude:


I only feel bad about my bad attitude because Alex and Liz thought that I hated them for taking me on it. There wasn't a moment that I was mad at them, but I am sure that that wasn't easy to see, especially because when I wasn't trying to catch my breath, I was complaining, or shouting that the hike was horrible and that I wasn't going on any other hike any time soon. Alex and Liz are still trying to convince me that Mt. Adams will be fun and that I don't have to go go all the way up it, but I'm not sure I can handle it and I know myself, if I start it, I will have to finish it. I'm not sure it's something I'm prepared to start.


At the top, Alex kept commenting about how beautiful the view was and I kept thinking, "It wasn't work the effort."(Just one more example of my bad attitude)

No comments:

Post a Comment