Sunday, January 29, 2012

Potstickers and Oobleck

This past Friday Matthew and I had a MareBear and Jenny G over for a cooking night. I worked with MareBear and Jenny G while I was at the clinic in Issaquah. I really miss working with them, so we decided if we can't work together we should cook and play together! The funny thing about MareBear is that she actually went to the same high school with my husband and his younger brother. They didn't really know each other too well back then, but it just reminds me of how small the world is.

So we decided to have MareBear to teach us how to make potstickers! I have put potstickers together in the past when our good friend, Seasonally Red would make them for potluck parties, but this is the first time, that I have actually made the mixings too.

Jenny G. brought drinks that I have never heard of before, but they were spectacular. I think they are one of my new favorites. They are called IZZE Sparkling Juice and the Clementine was my favorite! The clementine soda actually reminds me of a patient I had while I was in Issaquah. He was a sweet old man that would always sing a song that went like this:

Oh her tears fall like wine
She's a red hot tomato
My darling Clementine

And then he would chuckle. I loved him!

Anyway, back to our food night! Us girls were in charge of making the mix and stuffing the wraps, while my Kitchen Kamikaze cooked the potstickers to perfection. Then we plated and enjoyed!







I don't remember how we got on the subject, but MareBear said something about how we had to teach her how to make something "white" since she was teaching us something "Asian." And we ended up showing her how to make oobleck. Do you know what oobleck is? It's a solid and a liquid. It's fun! The name comes from a Dr. Suess book called Bartholomew and the Oobleck. So we made oobleck and MareBear couldn't get enough of it!



Who knew that grown adults could have so much fun with potstickers and oobleck!

No comments:

Post a Comment