Sunday, May 1, 2011

Shelf Reliance and Work

This past weekend Matthew's high school friend Hilary came over and had a "Shelf Reliance" party at our home. Shelf Reliance is a food storage/emergency preparedness company. Matthew and I had never heard of them before, but after learning a little more about the program and having some samples of the food, we are sold on it! That and being able to reconnect with Hilary made our weekend.


I also wanted to take a minute to update everyone on my job search. In early April I applied to several companies including DDI Vantage and a couple others associated with Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs), including one in Seattle. Unfortunately, DDI Vantage did not offer me a position. I was more than heartbroken because I would love to work with children and so far there don't seem to be many other opportunities to find full time employment in the pediatric setting here in the Salt Lake area.

But, after a couple of interviews, including one over Skype, I have been offered two jobs. One here in West Valley and one in Seattle, WA. I have no idea which one to take, but Matthew and I are making a pros and cons list.

No comments:

Post a Comment