Sunday, December 19, 2010

Salsa Chocolate

Just in time to help me celebrate the finish of a great semester, my cousin, Justin, came to town for a short visit. And what else would we do with Justin? DANCE, of course!

I actually called Ryan, Justin's brother, in the late morning of the 16th because I knew Justin was flying in and I wanted to know what the plans were. Ryan informed me that he was on the way to pick Justin up from the airport and that he would let Justin know that he was welcome to hang out with me for the afternoon while Ryan took his last final. About 30 mins later Justin called me and said Ryan was dropping him off to hang out.

Ryan stayed for a little while and we all caught up. Shortly after Ryan left, Justin said he was hungry and wanted to take me out somewhere. I told him about this Thai restaurant and he was in. I realized that if I called fast, that I might be able to catch Matthew before he started eating his lunch. I caught him just in time and told him I would pick him up for a lunch date! We went to Chanon Thai and ordered calamari and two entrees to share. It was a wonderful, filling lunch.

After dropping Matthew back off at work, I invited Justin to play our Wii while I did a little more cleaning and attempted to finished the scarf I had been knitting for Bella for Christmas. He had fun creating "Mr. Wiggle" and then proceeded to spend the rest of the afternoon dueling. He was still dueling when Matthew came home and Matthew was immediately sucked in. Just a few weeks prior, Matthew had spent an afternoon dueling, but couldn't get past the fourth level. It took Justin about half the day, but he had made it through all the levels and now he had started completing the levels in reverse. Matthew wasn't too upset about it, but decided he needed to try and finally get past that fourth level. After three attempts he finally did it and of course the entire time I was mocking him, and so he challenged me to "try it." I took the challenge and much to his dismay I got through at least the first five levels in one try.

Soon enough came the time for us to go out, but we had one pit stop to make before going dancing; Anthony Woolf's new wife Laura was having a birthday party and they invited us over to their new apartment for cake and ice cream. We stopped by for about 30 mins and enjoyed swapping silly stories about being pulled over by the police.

Before dancing we were driving around Provo picking up a few people and we passed by the Provo Tabernacle, which is one of the older buildings in the area and decided that it's a place we need to visit. The next morning we found out that the building was destroyed by a fire. It is crazy how things in this world can change in an instant.

After leaving the party we headed down to Provo to meet back up with Ryan. We went to a Salsa Club called Salsa Chocolate. Justin took me Salsa dancing quite a few times while I was in Pittsburgh and I had a lot of fun and because he is an instructor I think he was curious how the Salsa scene is out here. He was happily surprised, as was I. There were many more people at this club than most of the places we had been too and the dance floor was huge. I think Justin really enjoyed himself. He and Ryan are such good dancers, they have different styles, but it was fun to dance with both of them. I feel bad sometimes, because I know that Matthew knows I love to dance, but he is so uncomfortable. I hope one day I can have more patience and he can have more confidence so that we can both take lessons and truly enjoy dancing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment