Sunday, December 12, 2010

1000

A few weeks ago Matthew dropped a hint that we had some sort of special occasion to celebrate on the 10th of December. I racked my brain and could not figure out what anniversary I was forgetting. You see, Matthew is a data type. He likes to take note of things like: the first time we said that we loved each other, the day he decided he wanted to marry me, the first day we met,our first date and so on. So when he finally gave in and told me that the special occasion was 1000 days of marriage I wasn't too caught off gaurd about it, but I was excited. To celebrate this grand achievement we went to dinner at vinto. I know that's nothing new and exciting, but it was a nice evening out with each other. We tried a new dessert because the one we have tried before is seasonal so it was unavailable. This time we had a peice of lemon cheesecake.

This year the second year class from the PT school were in charge of our Christmas party. It was announced that the party would be held at the chapel on Sunnyside and that there would be dinner, music, games, a raffle, an ugly sweater contest and a mechanical bull.Matthew wore the same sweater I bought him for the Christmas party we went to my first year in grad school and I wore his Hunter High School Student Body Officer Sweater. At the last minute I realized that the sweater was the same color as BYU's colors, but unfortunately I didn't have time to tape on a big Y. I think if I did, I might have had a chance of winning the ugly sweater contest. Most of my classmates were there including Danny Johnson and Evan Papa, who were both wearing hideous turtle necks with another sweater over the top.

Dinner consisted of a variety of soups with rolls, vegetables, chips, fruit, and a lot of other random things. It was really tasty. After eating a bunch of people started playing "Tornado" which is a basketball free throw game and others started to ride the mechanical bull. Underneath Matthew's ugly sweater he was wearing the bull riding shirt that his brother bought him from Spain, so after mustering up courage, he rode the bull in his bull shirt. His ride didn't last long, but neither did mine, but we did have fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment