Sunday, April 20, 2014

E's 1st Easter

Matthew and I haven't really ever been too big on holidays during our marriage to date. Most of the time we have just gone over to a friend or family member's house and let them take the lead. Now with E around we've decided we should try to make some traditions. It is still hard to do, since at this point she won't remember, but I figure if we don't start now we might not ever start.



We decided we don't want to just get a bunch of stuff that doesn't mean much. Recently I have really been into the idea of making memories as a gift, like going on a trip or doing something new. The other gift I like to give/get is a book. So I decided to get E a book that had meaning for this holiday in particular. We got her "My First Book of Mormon Stories." A friend at church told us how much his daughter loved this book, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to get it for E. It doesn't have all of the stories from the Book of Mormon and the stories it does have are in no way filled with detail, but I think it is a nice introduction. For now we read it and another story right before bed. As she gets older we will also add verses from actual scripture to the routine.

The book was shipped & didn't get here until after Easter
Besides the book for E, I also picked up just a couple of our favorite Easter-time snacks for Matthew and me.  It was a lovely day and opportunity to remember all that our Savior has done for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment