Sunday, November 21, 2010

Finding Passion

School this past semester has been jammed packed and as we come close to the end it is sometimes hard to stay motivated. Many days this semester I have stayed at the school until 4 or 5 to study. I figured that since I didn't have to work this semester that I would treat school as a full time job and try to keep on top of my studying. Some days it has been hard to do and at times I feel like my test scores do not reflect all that I have learned, but I can definitely feel a difference in the confidence I have in terms of knowing what I should be doing when it comes to working with individuals in the neurologic population. That isn't to say that I don't have much more to learn, but more that I think I have found something that I could feel good at and even though I know it would be challenging I think that this is a setting I could enjoy working in. I can't wait until my last two internships. Both will be hard, but I think I will find passion for work in them.

Another thing that came up this semester because of the lack of having to work was the hope to spend time with more of my friends from school, but as I said before, it has been a hard semester, not only in terms of the workload, but also in staying motivated. This semester I have felt even more distanced from many of my classmates, but this past week Matthew and I were able to spend some good quality time with my friend Crystal. I have to say that I love this girl.

On Friday night Crystal came over around 4 or 5 and we started making one of the recipes that Matthew and I discovered that has become a new favorite...bacon burgers and sweet potato fries. I know it doesn't sound original and it really isn't, but it has become a new favorite because of the ingredients we have found to mix in with the beef: ketchup, a McCormick Hamburger seasoning and Worcestershire sauce are the key! And ever since spending the summer in Pittsburgh I have had cravings for sweet potato fries and we found a simple and yet sublime recipe for those as well.

While cooking, Crystal and I were able to talk and get better caught up with the nuances of life, you know, all those things us girls talk about; boys, school, boys, the future, boys. We ate shortly after Matthew arrived home and then we sat back and enjoyed a movie. It was a nice chill evening and I was grateful to spend it with Crystal.

No comments:

Post a Comment