Friday, January 22, 2010

So Tired

So I have been in school for approximately two weeks now and at the moment I am on a short break between classes and I have overheard all of my classmates talking about how they are so tired and not sure how they will make it through the semester. I feel exactly the same way they do. This semester I have classes Tuesday thru Friday. On Tuesday we start class at 7 am and don't finish until 9 pm. Then we have to be back at 7 am the next morning. Luckily our day is shorter as far as class goes, but when you stack on work, studying, trying to have somewhat of a social life and trying to fit in all those extra things many of the overachievers I am surrounded by stack on, sleep is never enough and Friday is way too long. As an example I will tell you what happened to Matthew and I when we went out on our date last Friday. For Christmas my brother Gary and his wife Haley gave Matthew and me a gift card to The Olive Garden, so we decided to put it to good use. After three classes and work until five and Matthew waking up at 4-5am every morning and working 50 hour weeks we were both already tired, but the call of hunger was strong so we ventured out! We had a yummy dinner, actually when we got there we were told that it would be a 25 min wait. We were fine with that so we found a spot away from the doorway and stood and talked about things such as the upcoming week and how excited we were about Matthew's opportunity to student teach. We also talked about my classes and what I was excited and not so excited about. After about 5 or 10 minutes we saw a small table near the bar area open and the manager informed us that it was open seating and if we sat there we would be served right away. We decided, why not! So we sat and enjoyed each other's company and our dinner. Since we finished dinner at 7:45pm and went to the restaurant in Sugar House we contemplated going to the Dollar Theater so we drove by to see what was showing and saw that Where the Wild Things Are was playing. We both really wanted to see it so Matthew asked if we should stay. Although I wanted to see it I was exhausted so I told him that if there was a show within 15 mins we could go. He convinced me to be willing to wait 30 mins if necessary. He hopped out of the car to check show times. When he came back and said there wasn't a movie showing until 9:20pm and Matthew and I both decided that was too late for us, so we went home and we were in bed fast asleep by 8:30pm. To help us sound less pathetic we did have to get up early and help some friends move, but I know that doesn't help much. Needless to say, I think this will be a long semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment